NifevirocAlternative Names: TD 0232
Latest Information Update: 07 Jan 2016
At a glance
- Originator TargetDrug
- Class Antiretrovirals; Antivirals; Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action CCR5 receptor antagonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
- New Molecular Entity Yes
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued HIV infections
Most Recent Events
- 05 Aug 2009 Monogram Biosciences has been acquired by Laboratory Corporation of America Holdings
- 31 Dec 2007 Phase-I clinical trials in HIV infections in China (PO)