XL 418Alternative Names: EXEL 9418; XL-418
Latest Information Update: 26 Feb 2008
At a glance
- Originator Exelixis
- Class Antineoplastics; Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action 70 kDa ribosomal protein S6 kinase inhibitors; Proto oncogene protein c-akt inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Solid tumours
Most Recent Events
- 05 Dec 2007 Discontinued - Phase-I for Solid tumours in USA (PO)
- 01 May 2007 Phase-I clinical trials in Solid tumours in USA (PO)
- 30 Jan 2007 Preclinical trials in Solid tumours in USA (PO)