Formoterol/fluticasone inhalation capsules - Sun Pharmaceutical IndustiresAlternative Names: Avessa
Latest Information Update: 30 Mar 2015
At a glance
- Originator Ranbaxy Laboratories
- Class Antiallergics; Antiasthmatics; Ethanolamines; Glucocorticoids; Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action Beta 2 adrenergic receptor agonists; Steroid receptor agonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
- New Molecular Entity No
Highest Development Phases
- Marketed Asthma
Most Recent Events
- 25 Mar 2015 Ranbaxy Laboratories has been acquired by Sun Pharmaceutical Industries
- 20 Oct 2008 Ranbaxy Laboratories has been acquired by Daiichi Sankyo Company