ELND 001Alternative Names: ELND-001
Latest Information Update: 09 Jul 2010
At a glance
- Originator Elan Corporation
- Class Antirheumatics; Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action Integrin alpha4 inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Rheumatoid arthritis
Most Recent Events
- 25 Oct 2006 Phase-I clinical trials in Rheumatoid arthritis in Ireland (PO)
- 01 Aug 2006 Preclinical trials in Autoimmune disorders in Ireland (PO)