Research programme: anti-VPAC antibody therapeutics - ThromboGenicsAlternative Names: Anti-VPAC1 antibody
Latest Information Update: 19 Nov 2007
At a glance
- Originator University of Leuven
- Developer ThromboGenics
- Class Monoclonal antibodies
- Mechanism of Action Pituitary-adenylate-cyclase-activating-polypeptide-type I-receptor-antagonists; Vasoactive intestinal polypeptide antagonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Preclinical Thrombocytopenia
Most Recent Events
- 14 Nov 2007 Thrombogenics has selected an anti-VPAC antibody candidate for the treatment of thrombocytopenia
- 22 May 2007 Preclinical trials in Thrombocytopenia in Europe (Parenteral)