Research programme: JAK2 inhibitors - Astex Therapeutics
Latest Information Update: 25 Jul 2011
At a glance
- Originator Astex Therapeutics
- Mechanism of Action Janus kinase-2 inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- No development reported Cancer
Most Recent Events
- 20 Jul 2011 Astex Therapeutics has been acquired by SuperGen
- 24 Oct 2008 Pharmacodynamics data from a preclinical trial in Cancer presented at the 20th EORTC-NCI-AACR Symposium on Molecular Targets and Cancer Therapeutics (EORTC-NCI-AACR-2008)
- 29 May 2007 Preclinical trials in Cancer in United Kingdom (unspecified route)