Research programme: Alzheimer's disease therapeutics - Boehringer Ingleheim/Evotec AG
Latest Information Update: 22 Oct 2013
At a glance
- Originator Evotec AG
- Developer Boehringer Ingelheim; Evotec AG
- Class Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action BACE1 protein inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Alzheimer's disease
Most Recent Events
- 19 Mar 2007 Preclinical trials in Alzheimer's disease in Austria (unspecified route)
- 19 Mar 2007 Preclinical trials in Alzheimer's disease in Germany (unspecified route)