Schisandrin BAlternative Names: (-) schisandrin B; Sch B
Latest Information Update: 16 Oct 2012
At a glance
- Originator Hong Kong University of Science and Technology; MitoPharm Corporation
- Developer MitoPharm Corporation
- Mechanism of Action Antioxidants; Mitochondrial protein stimulants
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Alzheimer's disease; Reperfusion injury
Most Recent Events
- 16 Oct 2012 Discontinued - Preclinical for Reperfusion injury in USA (unspecified route)
- 16 Oct 2012 Discontinued - Preclinical for Alzheimer's disease in USA (unspecified route)
- 22 Jun 2007 Preclinical trials in Reperfusion injury in USA (unspecified route)