Research programme: anabolic bone therapeutics - AcceleronAlternative Names: ACE-05X; ACE-661
Latest Information Update: 16 Jul 2016
At a glance
- Originator Acceleron Pharma
- Class Proteins
- Mechanism of Action Bone resorption factor inhibitors; Osteogenesis stimulants; Transforming growth factor beta inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- No development reported Bone resorption
Most Recent Events
- 16 Jul 2016 No recent reports of development identified for preclinical development in Bone-resorption in USA
- 21 Feb 2008 Acceleron Pharma and Celgene Corporation enter into an option agreement for certain discovery stage bone loss programmes
- 21 Feb 2008 Early research in Bone regeneration in USA (unspecified route)