Research programme: cancer therapeutics - Protox TherapeuticsAlternative Names: LH1; Lung-H1; PORxin™ Ab; PORxin™ antibody fusion constructs
Latest Information Update: 09 Apr 2012
At a glance
- Originator National Research Council Canada; University of Victoria
- Developer Sophiris Bio
- Mechanism of Action Cell membrane modulators
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Cancer
Most Recent Events
- 02 Apr 2012 Discontinued for Cancer in Canada (Parenteral)
- 02 Apr 2012 Protox Therapeutics is now called Sophiris Bio
- 11 Jun 2007 Early research for cancer is ongoing