Research programme: drug discovery - ActelionAlternative Names: Actelion-4; Actelion-5; Actelion-6; Actelion-7
Latest Information Update: 02 Aug 2012
At a glance
- Originator Actelion Pharmaceuticals
- Mechanism of Action Aspartic endopeptidase modulators; Ion channel modulators
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
- New Molecular Entity Yes
Highest Development Phases
- Preclinical Cardiovascular disorders; CNS disorders
Most Recent Events
- 02 Aug 2012 Preclinical development is ongoing in Switzerland
- 28 Feb 2007 Preclinical trials in CNS disorders in Switzerland (unspecified route)
- 28 Feb 2007 Preclinical trials in Cardiovascular disorders in Switzerland (PO)