Research programme: triple reuptake inhibitors - Sepracor
Latest Information Update: 28 Oct 2010
At a glance
- Originator Sepracor
- Mechanism of Action Adrenergic receptor antagonists; Dopamine uptake inhibitors; Serotonin uptake inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Anxiety disorders; Major depressive disorder
Most Recent Events
- 13 Oct 2010 Discontinued - Preclinical for Depression in USA (unspecified route)
- 13 Oct 2010 Discontinued - Preclinical for Anxiety disorders in USA (unspecified route)
- 20 Oct 2009 Sepracor has been acquired by Dainippon Sumitomo Pharma