Research programme: myocardial derived insulin-like growth factor 1 therapy - Cardium TherapeuticsAlternative Names: Ad5IGF-1; mdIGF-1
Latest Information Update: 25 Mar 2014
At a glance
- Originator Bayer HealthCare Pharmaceuticals
- Developer Taxus Cardium Pharmaceuticals Group
- Class Gene therapies
- Mechanism of Action Insulin-like growth factor I stimulants
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
- New Molecular Entity No
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Postmyocardial infarction
Most Recent Events
- 25 Mar 2014 Discontinued - Preclinical for Postmyocardial infarction in USA (Intracoronary)
- 17 Mar 2014 Cardium Therapeutics is now called Taxus Cardium Pharmaceuticals Group Inc.
- 31 Dec 2011 No development reported - Preclinical for Postmyocardial infarction in USA (Intracoronary)