Sodium cromoglicate oralAlternative Names: Altolyn
Latest Information Update: 27 Aug 2009
At a glance
- Originator Thornton & Ross
- Class Antiallergics; Antiasthmatics; Antitussives; Benzopyrans; Chromones; Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action Mast cell stabilisers
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Suspended Mastocytosis
Most Recent Events
- 06 Mar 2008 Manhattan Pharmaceuticals successfully completes pre-IND meeting with the US FDA
- 10 Jul 2007 Preclinical trials in Mastocytosis in USA (PO)