Research programme: potassium channel agonists - Valeant PharmaceuticalsAlternative Names: VRX 698
Latest Information Update: 26 Mar 2012
At a glance
- Originator Valeant Pharmaceuticals International
- Class Carbamates; Phenylenediamines; Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action KCNQ potassium channel agonists; Potassium channel agonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Epilepsy; Neurological disorders
Most Recent Events
- 29 Feb 2012 Discontinued - Preclinical for Neurological disorders in USA (unspecified route)
- 29 Feb 2012 Discontinued - Preclinical for Epilepsy in USA (unspecified route)
- 29 Aug 2008 Valeant Pharmaceuticals International and GlaxoSmithKline agree to co-promote and co-develop potassium channel agonists worldwide