BTA 9881Alternative Names: AZD9639; BTA9881; MEDI-564
Latest Information Update: 12 Nov 2016
At a glance
- Originator Biota Holdings
- Class Antivirals; Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action Viral fusion protein inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Respiratory syncytial virus infections
Most Recent Events
- 31 Aug 2009 BTA 9881 is no longer licensed to MedImmune/AstraZeneca
- 16 Jul 2007 Phase-I clinical trials in Respiratory syncytial virus infections in Australia (PO)