Research programme: SIRT1 protein activators - Elixir
Latest Information Update: 16 Jul 2016
At a glance
- Originator Elixir Pharmaceuticals
- Class Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action SIRT1 protein stimulants; SIRT3 protein activators
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- No development reported Obesity; Type 2 diabetes mellitus
Most Recent Events
- 16 Jul 2016 No recent reports of development identified for preclinical development in Type-2-diabetes-mellitus in USA (PO)
- 16 Jul 2016 No recent reports of development identified for preclinical development in Obesity in USA (PO)
- 01 Jul 2008 Elixir Pharmaceuticals and Boston University enter into an exclusive sirtuin intellectual property license agreement