Research programme: noscapine analogues - Cougar Biotechnology
Latest Information Update: 13 Jul 2009
At a glance
- Originator Emory University
- Developer Cougar Biotechnology
- Mechanism of Action Apoptosis stimulants; Mitosis inhibitors; Tubulin modulators; Tubulin polymerisation inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Preclinical Cancer
Most Recent Events
- 10 Jul 2009 Cougar Biotechnology has been acquired by Johnson and Johnson
- 23 Jul 2007 This programme is still in active development
- 23 Jun 2004 Preclinical trials in Cancer in USA (unspecified route)