Research programme: antidepressants - Biovail CorporationAlternative Names: BVF-045
Latest Information Update: 22 Nov 2010
At a glance
- Originator Biovail Corporation
- Developer Valeant Pharmaceuticals International
- Mechanism of Action Adrenergic receptor antagonists; Dopamine uptake inhibitors; Serotonin uptake inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Suspended Major depressive disorder
Most Recent Events
- 24 Jul 2007 Preclinical trials in Depression in Canada (unspecified route)