Research programme: ophthalmic disease therapies - SummitAlternative Names: DL 06005; SMT D003; SMT D004
Latest Information Update: 14 Mar 2013
At a glance
- Originator Summit plc
- Class Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action Undefined mechanism
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- No development reported Age-related macular degeneration; Glaucoma
Most Recent Events
- 14 Mar 2013 No development reported - Preclinical for Glaucoma in United Kingdom (unspecified route)
- 14 Mar 2013 No development reported - Preclinical for Age-related macular degeneration in United Kingdom (unspecified route)
- 24 Jun 2009 Preclinical development is ongoing