Research programme: NNR modulators - GlaxoSmithKline/Targacept
Latest Information Update: 23 Oct 2012
At a glance
- Originator Targacept
- Class Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action Nicotinic receptor modulators
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Drug abuse; Obesity; Pain; Parkinson's disease; Smoking withdrawal
Most Recent Events
- 04 Mar 2011 The strategic alliance between Targacept and GlaxoSmithKline terminates, effective May 2011
- 06 May 2008 Targacept selects a lead compound for development in smoking cessation triggering a milestone payment from GlaxoSmithKline
- 11 Dec 2007 A lead candidate from this research programme, TC 6499, enters clinical development