Next-generation inhaled insulin - Nektar TherapeuticsAlternative Names: NGI; NKTR-034
Latest Information Update: 14 Apr 2008
At a glance
- Originator Nektar Therapeutics
- Class Antihyperglycaemics; Insulins; Pancreatic hormones
- Mechanism of Action Ornithine decarboxylase stimulants; Phosphokinase stimulants; Protein tyrosine kinase stimulants
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Diabetes mellitus
Most Recent Events
- 15 Mar 2016 Biomarkers information updated
- 09 Apr 2008 Discontinued - Phase-I for Diabetes mellitus in USA (Inhalation)
- 14 Nov 2007 Phase-I clinical trials in Diabetes mellitus in USA (Inhalation)