Research programme: basal insulin - Nektar TherapeuticsAlternative Names: NKTR-203
Latest Information Update: 12 Apr 2011
At a glance
- Originator Nektar Therapeutics
- Class Antihyperglycaemics; Insulins; Pancreatic hormones
- Mechanism of Action Ornithine decarboxylase stimulants; Phosphokinase stimulants; Protein tyrosine kinase stimulants
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Diabetes mellitus
Most Recent Events
- 12 Apr 2011 Discontinued - Preclinical for Diabetes mellitus in USA (unspecified route)
- 31 Dec 2006 Preclinical trials in Diabetes mellitus in USA (unspecified route)