Research programme: Cushing's syndrome therapy - Samaritan PharmaceuticalsAlternative Names: SP-6300
Latest Information Update: 16 Jul 2009
At a glance
- Originator Georgetown University
- Developer Samaritan Pharmaceuticals
- Mechanism of Action HMG-CoA reductase inhibitors; RNA inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Preclinical Cushing syndrome
Most Recent Events
- 16 Jul 2009 Samaritan is seeking a partnership to further develop SP 6300 (http://www.samaritanpharma.com/)
- 16 Jul 2009 An IND is active for SP 6300 for the treatment of Cushing's syndrome in US
- 21 Sep 2007 US FDA approves IND application for SP 6300 in Cushing's syndrome