Bezafibrate/chenodeoxycholic acid - GiacondaAlternative Names: Hepaconda
Latest Information Update: 15 Jun 2011
At a glance
- Originator Giaconda
- Class Antivirals; Cholic acids; Fibric acid derivatives
- Mechanism of Action Cholesterol 7 alpha hydroxylase inhibitors; Peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor alpha agonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Hepatitis C
Most Recent Events
- 08 Jul 2008 Suspended - Phase-II for Hepatitis C in Australia (PO) for further formulation of Hepaconda® and to secure further funding
- 25 Jun 2007 Phase-II clinical trials in Hepatitis C treatment in Australia (PO)
- 09 Mar 2006 Preclinical trials in Hepatitis C treatment in Australia (PO)