Research programme: cystic fibrosis therapeutics - FoldRx
Latest Information Update: 20 Nov 2012
At a glance
- Originator FoldRx Pharmaceuticals
- Class Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action Cystic fibrosis transmembrane conductance regulator modulators
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Preclinical Cystic fibrosis
Most Recent Events
- 19 Nov 2012 Cystic Fibrosis Foundation Therapeutics and Pfizer expand their research collaboration
- 06 Oct 2010 FoldRx has been acquired by Pfizer
- 09 Jul 2008 The cystic fibrosis therapeutics programme of FoldRx Pharmaceuticals is still undergoing lead discovery in the USA