Research programme: humanised fusion proteins - ProtoxAlternative Names: HUMxin platform; HUMxin Programme
Latest Information Update: 09 Apr 2012
At a glance
- Originator Medicenna Ventures
- Developer Sophiris Bio
- Mechanism of Action Apoptosis stimulants
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Cancer
Most Recent Events
- 02 Apr 2012 Discontinued for Cancer in Canada (unspecified route)
- 02 Apr 2012 Protox Therapeutics is now called Sophiris Bio
- 23 Aug 2007 Early research in Cancer in Canada (unspecified route)