Research programme: cystic fibrosis therapeutics - BioMarinAlternative Names: BMN 174; BMN 175
Latest Information Update: 03 Feb 2010
At a glance
- Originator University of California at San Francisco
- Developer BioMarin Pharmaceutical
- Class Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action Cystic fibrosis transmembrane conductance regulator modulators
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Cystic fibrosis
Most Recent Events
- 22 Aug 2007 Preclinical trials in Cystic fibrosis in USA (unspecified route)