Research programme: nerve-targeted gene therapy - PeriphagenAlternative Names: NC 3; NE 2; NE2 Endomorphin; NG 2; NG2 GAD; NN1 Neurotrophin
Latest Information Update: 05 Nov 2012
At a glance
- Originator Diamyd Medical
- Developer Diamyd Medical; Periphagen Holdings; University of Michigan
- Class Gene therapies
- Mechanism of Action GABA modulators; Glutamate decarboxylase stimulants; Nerve growth factor stimulants; Opioid receptor agonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
- New Molecular Entity No
- Available For Licensing Yes
Highest Development Phases
- Preclinical Neuropathic pain
- Research Peripheral nervous system diseases
- No development reported Erectile dysfunction; Glioma
Most Recent Events
- 12 Oct 2012 Preclinical development is ongoing for Neuropathic pain in USA
- 01 Sep 2012 Periphagen Holdings acquires Diamyd Inc.
- 12 Sep 2011 Diamyd Inc. and the University of Michigan receive a grant from the National Institutes of Health for Nerve-targeted gene therapy development for prevention of chemotherapy-induced Peripheral nerve disorders