Research programme: thyroid cancer therapeutics - MGI PharmaAlternative Names: AKR-201; Tetrac; Tetraiodothyroacetic acid
Latest Information Update: 23 Feb 2010
At a glance
- Originator Beartownpharma
- Developer AkaRx
- Mechanism of Action Thyrotropin inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- No development reported Thyroid cancer
Most Recent Events
- 06 Jan 2010 AkaRx has been acquired by Eisai Inc
- 29 Jan 2008 MGI Pharma has been acquired by Eisai
- 12 Oct 2007 AKR 201 licensed to MGI Pharma worldwide