Research programme: antimalarials - Pharmacopeia/World Health Organization
Latest Information Update: 12 Oct 2009
At a glance
- Originator Pharmacopeia; Tropical Disease Research Program of the World Health Organization
- Developer Pharmacopeia; Special Programme for Research and Training in Tropical Diseases
- Mechanism of Action Undefined mechanism
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Research Malaria
Most Recent Events
- 12 Oct 2009 Research is ongoing in USA and Switzerland
- 27 Aug 2007 Early research in Malaria in Switzerland (unspecified route)
- 27 Aug 2007 Early research in Malaria in USA (unspecified route)