Research programme: DNA gyrase inhibitors - AstraZenecaAlternative Names: Pyrrolamide-based antibacterials - AstraZeneca
Latest Information Update: 05 Oct 2011
At a glance
- Originator AstraZeneca
- Class Amides; Naphthyridines; Pyrroles; Quinolines
- Mechanism of Action DNA gyrase inhibitors; DNA topoisomerase IV inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Preclinical Bacterial infections
Most Recent Events
- 20 Sep 2011 Preclinical antimicrobial and pharmacodynamics data presented at the 51st Interscience Conference on Antimicrobial Agents and Chemotherapy (ICAAC-2011) ,
- 01 Sep 2011 Preclinical development is ongoing
- 15 Sep 2009 Preclinical antimicrobial and pharmacodynamics data presented at the 49th Annual Interscience Conference on Antimicrobial Agents and Chemotherapy (ICAAC-2009) ,