At a glance
- Originator Merck & Co
- Class Chlorobenzenes; Nitriles; Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action Non-nucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- No development reported HIV-1 infections
Most Recent Events
- 08 Aug 2011 No development reported - Phase-I for HIV-1 infections in USA (PO)
- 10 Apr 2008 Phase-I clinical trials in HIV-1 infections in USA (PO)
- 05 Sep 2007 Preclinical trials in HIV infections in USA (unspecified route)