Research programme: hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase inhibitors - Schering-PloughAlternative Names: 11β-HSD1 inhibitors - Schering-Plough
Latest Information Update: 30 Nov 2009
At a glance
- Originator Schering-Plough
- Mechanism of Action 11-beta hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase type 1 inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued CNS disorders; Diabetes mellitus; Metabolic syndrome
Most Recent Events
- 07 Sep 2007 Preclinical trials in Diabetes mellitus in USA (PO)
- 07 Sep 2007 Preclinical trials in Metabolic syndrome in USA (PO)
- 07 Sep 2007 Preclinical trials in CNS disorders in USA (PO)