Oral controlled-release therapeutics - Otsuka Pharmaceutical/Endo Pharmaceuticals
Latest Information Update: 16 Jul 2016
At a glance
- Originator Otsuka Pharmaceutical; Penwest Pharmaceuticals
- Developer Endo Pharmaceuticals; Otsuka Pharmaceutical
- Mechanism of Action
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- No development reported Unspecified
Most Recent Events
- 16 Jul 2016 No recent reports of development identified for phase-I development in Undefined in USA (PO)
- 25 Jan 2010 A fourth research and development agreement has been signed between Penwest Pharmaceuticals and Otsuka Pharmaceutical
- 28 Oct 2009 A Penwest formulation completes a phase I pharmacokinetic study