Research programme: antibacterials - Defense Threat Reduction Agency/GlaxoSmithKline/Wellcome TrustAlternative Names: GSK 299423
Latest Information Update: 19 Apr 2011
At a glance
- Originator GlaxoSmithKline
- Developer Defense Threat Reduction Agency; GlaxoSmithKline
- Mechanism of Action Type II bacterial DNA topoisomerase inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Research Gram-negative infections; Nosocomial infections
Most Recent Events
- 26 Mar 2009 Early research development is ongoing in the USA
- 18 Sep 2007 Early research in Nosocomial infections in USA (IV)
- 18 Sep 2007 Early research in Gram-negative infections in USA (IV)