Research programme: long-acting glucagon-like peptide-1 stimulant - OctoPlusAlternative Names: GLP-1 stimulant - OctoPlus; OP-286; OP-286 CR
Latest Information Update: 13 Nov 2012
At a glance
- Originator Theratechnologies
- Developer OctoPlus
- Class Glucagon-like peptides
- Mechanism of Action Glucagon-like peptide 1 stimulants
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
- Available For Licensing Yes
Highest Development Phases
- No development reported Type 2 diabetes mellitus
Most Recent Events
- 13 Nov 2012 No development reported - Preclinical for Type-2 diabetes mellitus in Netherlands (Parenteral)
- 22 Sep 2010 Research programme: long-acting glucagon-like peptide-1 agonists - OctoPlus is still available for licensing.
- 26 Sep 2007 Preclinical trials in Type-2 diabetes mellitus in Netherlands (Parenteral)