CB 1922Alternative Names: CB1922; SpirH; Synthetic steroidal lactone - Canopus BioPharma
Latest Information Update: 28 Jul 2015
At a glance
- Originator Canopus BioPharma
- Class Antiretrovirals; Lactones
- Mechanism of Action Aldosterone antagonists; HIV replication inhibitors; Immunostimulants
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
- New Molecular Entity Yes
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued HIV infections
Most Recent Events
- 29 Nov 2007 Synthetic steroidal lactone is available for licensing in South Africa (http://www.canopusbiopharma.com)
- 10 Oct 2007 Phase-II clinical trials in HIV infections treatment in South Africa (unspecified route)