Research programme: PPAR agonists - DARA BiosciencesAlternative Names: DB900 series; Peroxisome proliferator activated receptor agonists; PPAR agonists - DARA
Latest Information Update: 17 Feb 2012
At a glance
- Originator Bayer HealthCare Pharmaceuticals
- Developer DARA BioSciences
- Mechanism of Action Peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor alpha agonists; Peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor delta agonists; Peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor gamma agonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
- Available For Licensing Yes
Highest Development Phases
- Suspended Type 2 diabetes mellitus
Most Recent Events
- 15 Feb 2012 Research programme: PPAR agonists - DARA Biosciences is available for licensing as of 15 Feb 2012. http://www.darabio.com
- 30 Mar 2010 Suspended - Preclinical for Type-2 diabetes mellitus in USA (unspecified route)