Research programme: cytomegalovirus infection antivirals- Inhibitex
Latest Information Update: 13 Jul 2009
At a glance
- Originator FermaVir Pharmaceuticals
- Developer Inhibitex
- Class Nucleosides
- Mechanism of Action Undefined mechanism
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- No development reported Cytomegalovirus infections
Most Recent Events
- 13 Jul 2009 No development reported - Preclinical for Cytomegalovirus infections in USA (unspecified route)
- 20 Sep 2007 Preclinical trials in Cytomegalovirus infections in USA (unspecified route)