XL 019Alternative Names: XL019
Latest Information Update: 26 Apr 2011
At a glance
- Originator Exelixis
- Class Antineoplastics; Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action Janus kinase-2 inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Myelofibrosis; Polycythaemia vera
Most Recent Events
- 04 Apr 2011 Discontinued - Phase-I for Polycythaemia vera in USA (PO)
- 04 Apr 2011 Discontinued - Phase-I for Myelofibrosis in USA (PO)
- 08 Dec 2008 Interim efficacy & adverse events data from a phase I trial in patients with advanced myelofibrosis presented at the 50th Annual Meeting and Exposition of the American Society of Hematology (ASH-2008)