Clopidogrel/omeprazole - Cogentus PharmaceuticalsAlternative Names: CGT-2168
Latest Information Update: 23 Mar 2010
At a glance
- Originator Cogentus Pharmaceuticals
- Class 2 pyridinylmethylsulfinylbenzimidazoles; Antiplatelets; Antiulcers; Gastric antisecretories; Thiophenes
- Mechanism of Action Platelet activating factor inhibitors; Platelet ADP receptor antagonists; Platelet aggregation inhibitors; Proton pump inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Suspended Ischaemic heart disorders; Peptic ulcer
Most Recent Events
- 17 Mar 2010 Drug interactions data from two clinical trials released by the European Medicines Agency
- 03 Sep 2008 Pharmacokinetics data from a phase I trial in healthy volunteers presented at the Congress of the European Society of Cardiology (ESC-2008)
- 16 Jun 2008 Phase-III clinical trials in Peptic ulcer in Europe (PO)