Research programme: RNAi-based hepatitis C therapy - Nucleonics
Latest Information Update: 20 Jan 2011
At a glance
- Originator Nucleonics
- Class Small interfering RNA
- Mechanism of Action RNA interference
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Hepatitis C
Most Recent Events
- 26 Nov 2007 This programme is still in active development
- 09 Feb 2005 Nucleonics and Apath LLC have entered into a non-exclusive licensing agreement for Apath technology related to the 3' non-translated region of the hepatitis C viral genome
- 03 Dec 2003 Preclinical trials in Hepatitis C treatment in USA (IV)