Research programme: anti-hepatitis C virus monoclonal antibodies - GENimmuneAlternative Names: ED 004; GNI 104; HCV hu mAbs - GENimmune
Latest Information Update: 14 Oct 2008
At a glance
- Originator GENimmune
- Class Monoclonal antibodies
- Mechanism of Action Immunomodulators; Virus internalisation inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Hepatitis C
Most Recent Events
- 12 Feb 2008 Discontinued - Preclinical for Hepatitis C in Belgium (Parenteral)
- 11 Dec 2007 A lead monoclonal antibody receives orphan drug status from the European Commission for the prevention of hepatitis C virus re-infection after liver transplantation
- 28 Nov 2007 Preclinical trials in Hepatitis C in Belgium (Parenteral)