Insulin inhalation - MAP PharmaceuticalsAlternative Names: MAP 0001
Latest Information Update: 23 Mar 2015
At a glance
- Originator MAP Pharmaceuticals
- Class Antihyperglycaemics; Insulins; Pancreatic hormones
- Mechanism of Action Ornithine decarboxylase stimulants; Phosphokinase stimulants; Protein tyrosine kinase stimulants
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Suspended Type 1 diabetes mellitus; Type 2 diabetes mellitus
Most Recent Events
- 15 Mar 2016 Biomarkers information updated
- 01 Mar 2013 MAP Pharmaceuticals has been acquired by Allergan
- 12 Mar 2009 MAP Pharmaceuticals does not plan to make further direct investment in MAP 0001 and is looking for partners to further develop the product (http://www.mappharma.com)