Latest Information Update: 22 Jan 2010
At a glance
- Originator Organon
- Developer Schering-Plough
- Class Contraceptives; Progesterone congeners
- Mechanism of Action Progesterone receptor agonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Contraception; Female genital diseases
Most Recent Events
- 19 Nov 2007 Organon has been acquired and merged into Schering-Plough