Research programme: fibroblast growth factor-2 - Buck Institute/Neurobiological TechnologiesAlternative Names: FGF-2 - Buck Institute/Neurobiological Technologies; Huntington's disease programme - Buck Institute/Neurobiological Technologies
Latest Information Update: 22 May 2009
At a glance
- Originator Buck Institute for Age Research; Neurobiological Technologies
- Class Fibroblast growth factors
- Mechanism of Action Fibroblast growth factor stimulants
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Huntington's disease
Most Recent Events
- 22 May 2009 Discontinued - Preclinical for Huntington's disease in USA (Parenteral)
- 03 Dec 2007 Preclinical trials in Huntington's disease in USA (Parenteral)