AZD 2066Alternative Names: AZD2066
Latest Information Update: 12 Nov 2016
At a glance
- Originator AstraZeneca
- Class Analgesics; Antidepressants; Antiulcers
- Mechanism of Action Metabotropic glutamate receptor 5 antagonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Depressive disorders; Gastro-oesophageal reflux; Neuropathic pain
Most Recent Events
- 31 Dec 2011 Discontinued - Phase-I for Neuropathic pain in Japan (PO)
- 31 Dec 2011 Discontinued - Phase-I for Neuropathic pain in Sweden (PO)
- 31 Dec 2011 Discontinued - Phase-I for Neuropathic pain in United Kingdom (PO)