Latest Information Update: 11 Nov 2013
At a glance
- Originator Bristol-Myers Squibb
- Class Antihyperglycaemics
- Mechanism of Action 11-beta hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase type 1 inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Diabetes mellitus
Most Recent Events
- 07 Nov 2013 Discontinued - Phase-I/II for Diabetes mellitus in USA (PO)
- 31 Mar 2010 Bristol-Myers Squibb completes a phase I trial in healthy volunteers in Australia