Research programme: viral disease therapeutics - GlaxoSmithKline/Roche
Latest Information Update: 04 Dec 2014
At a glance
- Originator Santaris Pharma
- Developer Roche
- Class Antisense oligonucleotides
- Mechanism of Action Antisense RNA inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
- New Molecular Entity Yes
Highest Development Phases
- Preclinical Viral infections
Most Recent Events
- 19 Dec 2007 Preclinical trials in Viral infections in Denmark (unspecified route)